Sunday, September 21, 2008

And Break Away!!!






Here's a picture of me pulling Ariel's leg up so that Michelle could put a special type of vitamin clay on her mastitis to help draw out the pus. Seems awful I know but it had to be done either that or have her kick us in the face and thanks, but I've already experienced something close to that. I don't want a repeat.





This pic is of Ariel eating her grain full of antibiotics. The silver marks on her shoulder are an alu-spray that I used to cover up some bite marks that she received from another horse. It keeps the flies off of the wounds.











This was after milking out some of the pus successfully. I gave her a treat and then let her graze for about 10-15mins before I had to leave to head back here for college. I wish I could just stay with her.
Love,
~Fruitbat~

3 comments:

Vulpecula said...

I'm really sorry about Ariel, I remember when you first got her, how excited you were, you would talk about nothing but her for days. Cancer is the absolute worst. You think everything is fine, and you're going to live with your pet for a good number of years, and then you suddenly notice... I hate cancer.

Fruit Bat said...

Ditto. I'm angry about it and I've decided that I'm going to do a lot of research on melanomas to see if there is anything I can do before it gets worse. Who knows, maybe I'll find some new way to help delay or stop it.

a girl said...

wow. she's really beautiful. and you are very into manga/anime i used to love drawing manga, and it turned out pretty well too.