Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hot and Cold As the World Falls Down


Out of curiousity, (digs out 50 cents) how hard is it for the temperature to pick a degree and hover in that area?

When I wake up, its anywhere from 45-50 degrees outside.

By the time I'm done with classes, its anywhere from 75-90 degrees outside.

I mean, I can either wear a jacket to keep from freezing in the morning and roast in the afternoon, or I can not wear a jacket, freeze in the morning and not roast in the afternoon.

But then I have to put on a jacket again anyway, because my dorm room is frigid. I'm not kidding. But, whatever. I'm not really expecting a solution, I'm just ranting.

And now, for the sake of fangirling, my reccommended movie!

It's an oldie, (1970's) but in my opinion, an excellent movie! It is Labyrinth. It's really intresting, if you are a Phan then you'll probably like it- one of the characters, Jareth, has the same basic motive as the Phantom. Labyrinth begins in our world, following a teenage girl who is very dramatic, loves theater, and is entirely bratty. Her love for drama has led her to believe that her stepmother is evil, and that everyone is conspiring against her. She loves fairy-tales, and the one that she reads the most is called Labyrinth- which details the adventures of a young woman who challenges the Goblin King for a child. Through a series of unfortunate brattyness, the girl wishes away her baby brother- the Goblins come and take him. To get him back from Jareth, the Goblin King, she must journey through the Labyrinth within thirteen hours.

I won't spoil the end for anyone who hasn't seen it, but really, if you can, I'd watch it. The picture up there is fanart of the movie, found, like all of my pictures, on DeviantART. The owl in the picture is Jareth- he can shapeshift. Is that cool or what?!

5 comments:

Fruit Bat said...

YAY!!! Jareth! So pretty! I totally agree. If you ever get the chance to watch it you should. It is so worth the time.

Sarah said...

I completely agree on the temperature thing. I wore a long sleeve shirt today and was sooo freaking hot when I got out of class. Then, once I got back to the dorm room I had a blanket wrapped around me and was still cold. GAH!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Sarah! This is Fruit Bat. I'm using my other blogger account. LOL!

How are things going with you?

Anonymous said...

You should make a profile and a blog.

Sarah said...

eh. I've thought about it. But I also have xanga, myspace, and facebook. I wouldn't be able to keep up with it.