Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Pressure Is On

Okay, time for a rant.

Why do a lot of girls think that they HAVE to have a boyfriend???? I know several girls that feel like if they don't then they aren't worthwhile? Some of these girls have dropped out of school, given up jobs, moved out of their parents house, ect. just to go out and have fun, to meet someone. Why? Why, destroy your future for something like that? I mean, yes I would LOVE to find someone, but I haven't, and quite honestly I am totally fine with that right now. I would rather wait for the right guy to come along than go out looking for him, and giving up my dreams of becoming a veterinarian.

I have asked a few of them about it, and the only explaination that they can give me is, "Everyone has a boyfriend." Really? Everyone? Yeah. Right. Now I know we've heard this a LOT from our parents but, if everyone were jumping off a bridge would you do it? Of course not! You have the sensibility not to. Then why the heck do we not have the sensibility to understand that the right person is out there for us, and that God has everything planned out perfectly for our lives?

*sigh* Sorry, I was in a mood. I'm just tired of people who act like the only important thing in life is finding a boyfriend. I just don't understand it so it frustrates me to no end. When i hear them complaining about how they should have done this, or should have done that, and wish that they hadn't dropped out of school, and then revert back to doing the same thing, I just get so, so...UGH! Annoyed! *shakes head*

Freakin' change your life and make a difference in the world then. Do something for someone other than yourself for once! If you're not going to do something about it then stop complaining because you have no one to blame but yourself.

Single

Natasha Bedingfield

I'm not waitin' around for a man to save me
(Cos I'm happy where I am)
Don't depend on a guy to validate me
(No no)
I don't need to be anyone's baby
(Is that so hard to understand?)
No I don't need another half to make me whole

Make your move if you want doesn't mean I will or won't
I'm free to make my mind up you either got it or you don't

This is my current single status
My declaration of independence
There's no way I'm tradin' places
Right now a star's in the ascendant
I'm single (Right now)
That's how I wanna be I'm single
(Right now) That's how I wanna be

Don't need to be on somebody's arm to look good
(I like who I am)
I'm not saying I don't wanna fall in love 'cos I would
I'm not gonna get hooked up just 'cos you say I should
(Can't romance on demand)
I'm gonna wait so I'm sorry if you misunderstood

~Fruit Bat

4 comments:

Vulpecula said...

Here we go again, huh? Seems like everyone is doing it... but don't worry. Life is never over until it's over, and until then, everyone has the option of change.

Silvertongue said...

I understand exactly what you are talking about, but i see the other side better than those who say such things that you mentioned.

Sometimes when i am depressed or stressed i write out what i am feeling to get it off my chest and this is an excerpt from one such rants.

"I long to be acknowledged, to have a purpose in life, and there seems to be no other real purpose to live than to live for another. A life dedicated to money and other material possessions is worthless in the end and I can’t strive to help a multitude of people around the world in some greater cause. I will never live to see the sort of impact I might make on one person’s life one day as it is erased with time. My desire to live in the present and not think about the future partially stems from this, when you think about how nobody will care what you did once their memories fade away it becomes depressing. Living in the moment you can feel good about what you do now and not think about how trivial it is. If there were someone in my life I could honestly say I loved it would be fantastic. To love someone is not just a desire to claim that person as yours or to procreate, but rather it is saying to the world “This person gives me a purpose.” You dedicate what time you have on this earth to making them happy and sharing experiences together rather than wallowing alone in misery.

Then again I have always been a romantic, thinking the word “love” should only be used when you do honestly love someone with all your heart and soul."
-Tom Rovello

So that is my position on the matter, i don't believe in what those people you talked about are doing. I guess i am just getting into the depressed mood again that i felt when i wrote the paper and wanted to share it with someone else...sorry to rant on your site...

Adr said...

Yeah Fruit Bat, I agree with you there..

Fruit Bat said...

haha! Tis' kay Magic! The Fruit Bat blog is for ranting. Rant all you like!

I loved what you wrote. Tis' so very true.

:D